KVM driver checkpoints files as root
|Assignee:||Jaime Melis||% Done:|
|Category:||Drivers - Auth|
|Target version:||Release 1.4|
In many linux distributions, virsh uses qemu:///system as the connection uri. This causes libvirtd to perform operations as root.
The problem comes in the epilog state, the delete fails as the checkpoint file (if it exists) is owned by root.
A possible patch is to enable the KVM drivers to choose the virsh URI with a variable (VIRSH_URI).
- Target version set to Release 1.4
Also the emulator path differ across the linux distributions, a EMULATOR variable should be also available to specify different locations. The libvirtdriver.cc would then use this value.
This has been reported by Harsha Buggi in the mailing list.
- Assignee changed from Tino Vázquez to Ruben S. Montero
My fifthy cents:
add the one user to the libvirtd group on the hosts.
- Assignee changed from Ruben S. Montero to Jaime Melis
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
Added custom libvirt connection uri, and a workaround to generate a non-root checkpoint file. Needs testing
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- Resolution set to fixed
The solution in trunk seems to work, closing this.
Also available in: Atom