From 06/08/2010 to 07/07/2010
- 06:24 PM Bug #274 (Closed): OCA errors coming from DB should be more descriptive
- Instead of coming back with just a "check oned.log" message.
- 05:45 PM Request #195: Timeout for occi commands
- Changes in master.
Needs documentation update
- 07:26 AM Feature #200: Image Repository
- I agree:)
In our system (currently) we define similar metaadatas for (OS) images:
* SIZE (optional)
- 04:48 PM Feature #200: Image Repository
- A quick comment on features that would be worth considering in next releases:
Right now, images contain the data and...
- 08:57 PM Feature #139 (Closed): DHCP configuration generator
- The data and examples in the documentation is enough for DHCP setups
- 08:55 PM Feature #200 (Assigned): Image Repository
- 08:54 PM Feature #201 (Assigned): Clustering/Grouping of Physical Hosts
- 08:53 PM Feature #204 (Closed): Refactor drop code for pool objects
- 08:52 PM Feature #215 (Assigned): Image authorization within cloud interfaces
- 08:46 PM Feature #266 (Closed): New public Attribute for networks
- 08:43 PM Bug #156 (Assigned): Thin server should check for port availability
- 08:40 PM Bug #174 (Closed): Character & in strings breaks rexml
- 08:39 PM Bug #180 (Closed): Duplicated hostnames should be allowed in host pool
- 08:38 PM Bug #182 (Assigned): Onehost truncates memory
- 08:36 PM Bug #185 (Assigned): Add README file
- 08:35 PM Bug #186 (Assigned): one stop does not kill oned
- We will check if process still exists after kill. In that case we will kill -9 the process and .lock files
- 08:31 PM Bug #188 (Assigned): ONE CLI should check syntax
- this is a problem in drop (with the lease object)
- 08:29 PM Bug #196 (Closed): RANK expressions using RUNNING VMS doesn't seem to work
- 08:28 PM Bug #205 (Assigned): TM NFS scripts should set the read attribute for disks
- 08:27 PM Bug #207 (Closed): Virtual Networks shouldn't be overwritten if a new with same name is created
- 08:26 PM Bug #210 (Closed): Writing to DB should take an exponential backoff approach
- With the new scheduler and DB backends this is not needed
- 08:25 PM Bug #211 (Closed): Host monitor should happen upon host creation
- 08:24 PM Bug #212 (Closed): mm_sched should use the XMLRPC interface
- 08:23 PM Bug #213 (Assigned): EC2 multipart upload installation issue
- 08:22 PM Bug #218 (Assigned): OCA cache doesn't get refreshed when doing a get_info
- 08:21 PM Bug #240 (Assigned): CLI should handle non existing resource IDs
- 08:20 PM Bug #251 (Assigned): Missing on delete rules
- We are going to put a quick fix for 1.6 if there are networks or vms defined the user will not be deleted (through th...
- 08:14 PM Bug #252 (Assigned): OpenNebula shutdown check in 1.4 for KVM is harmful
- 08:12 PM Bug #255 (Assigned): transfer managers assume PATH setting
- 08:11 PM Bug #256 (Assigned): OCCI clients needs explicit SHA1/digest ruby requirement in CentOS
- 08:11 PM Bug #257 (Closed): Rdoc dependency
- 08:10 PM Bug #260 (Assigned): Cancel action fails in Driver subsystem & missing method
- 08:07 PM Bug #270: EC2 Server: AuthFailure, account different from oneadmin
- Should be applied in master
- 07:12 PM Feature #203: Authentication & Authorization Drivers
* To enable quota checking in authentication/authorization drivers VM template should be provided as this informati...
- 02:19 PM Bug #270: EC2 Server: AuthFailure, account different from oneadmin
- Change CloudServer to get the oneadmin account from the ONE_AUTH file instead of the econe.conf file.
EC2 running wi...
- 01:22 PM Bug #270 (Assigned): EC2 Server: AuthFailure, account different from oneadmin
- 12:04 PM Bug #270 (Closed): EC2 Server: AuthFailure, account different from oneadmin
- The account in the econe.conf have to be the oneadmin account as shown in the documentation . In the client side a...
- 07:19 PM Request #271 (Closed): data structures used in openebula documentation
- we are trying to implement our own scheduling policy to our opennebula cloud.to develop our scheduling module,we need...
- 06:44 PM Feature #203: Authentication & Authorization Drivers
- Gyula Csom wrote:
> 1. I've stopped at the single line AUTHORIZE request for a 'moment'. Since it may represent a bu...
- 05:00 PM Feature #203: Authentication & Authorization Drivers
- Ops. One more question:
7. Do you plan to support password updates?
- 04:52 PM Feature #203: Authentication & Authorization Drivers
- 1. I've stopped at the single line AUTHORIZE request for a 'moment'. Since it may represent a bunch of actions on man...
- 03:31 PM Feature #203: Authentication & Authorization Drivers
- Some details on the communication protocol between the core and the Authorization/Authentication Manager.
- 06:00 PM Bug #270 (Closed): EC2 Server: AuthFailure, account different from oneadmin
- AuthFailure, if you try to connect to OpenNebula through the EC2 Service using an account different from oneadmin.
- 09:55 PM Feature #203: Authentication & Authorization Drivers
- Let us put the user-based contextualization in stand-by, as this can be achieved by other (not so glamorous) means. I...
- 07:02 PM Feature #203: Authentication & Authorization Drivers
- _What do you think?_
I think adding a custom, opaque field to the user entity is a simple way to make it extensible....
- 12:57 AM Feature #203: Authentication & Authorization Drivers
Will this new auth logic be applied to other elements, too? For instance when the user wants to use a virtual net...
- 05:38 PM Feature #261: Configurable VM & Host Monitoring
- Updated documentation. Tested and merged.
To close the issue:
Develop integration tests
- 03:04 PM Feature #239 (Closed): Improve compatiblity with EC2 ecosystem
- Changes in master
- 01:21 PM Feature #206 (Closed): one 1.6 should support other SQL backends in side of sqlite
- 01:21 PM Feature #206: one 1.6 should support other SQL backends in side of sqlite
- Test, documentations and merge cheked.
- 12:45 AM Request #267: Extensible core
This is an interesting feature. However I do not see this happening in the 1.6 release time frame. We can go b...
- 04:09 PM Feature #189: Template variables should allow cross reference like CONTEXT does
- This feature is now in master, the documentation has been updated and it is ready for the RC... moving to 90%
- 08:20 AM Feature #203: Authentication & Authorization Drivers
Thank you for your response! I think I've got the point: the idea is to outsource auth/user related datas/func...
- 12:48 AM Feature #203: Authentication & Authorization Drivers
The reason behind the use of the driver is to include all the extensions without the need to modify the core. ...
- 07:22 AM Request #267: Extensible core
- Yes, that's it:) In this way we do not have to spawn new XML-RPC server instance for the custom elements/library. Thi...
- 12:58 AM Request #267: Extensible core
I think I do not understand this request. The idea is to allow to register a new method that will manage custo...
- 02:04 AM Bug #265: Do not delete vm images after migration fail
- Yes, I've not realized that a VM will end in a failed state and you have to delete it (and hence delete the images) a...
- 01:51 AM Bug #265: Do not delete vm images after migration fail
- More thought: on a properly setup system, a failed VM should get the admin's attention any way.
Then he/she has the ...
- 01:49 AM Bug #265: Do not delete vm images after migration fail
But the delete action will definitely remove the images, right?
When a VM fails, the user still need to issu...
- 01:42 AM Bug #265: Do not delete vm images after migration fail
- Well we do not want to leave cluster workernodes with disk images from failed VMs. This will fill the workernode FS a...
- 12:12 AM Bug #269 (Closed): opennebula live migration problem
From your logs it seems that you have a mis-configured libvirt....
- 05:15 PM Bug #269 (Closed): opennebula live migration problem
- i've installed opennebula in ubuntu 9.10.
while live migration of virtual machines amog 2 hosts there is a problem t...
- 12:32 PM Bug #268: VM deleting goes nirvana
- From interess is that one forget the VM, as if it was not his job to look for it.
So, to diminish my headaches I st...
- 12:04 PM Bug #268: VM deleting goes nirvana
- This issue is reality since the version 1.2.
But now, with our infrastructure being used ofter It starts to hurt.
- 12:02 PM Bug #268 (Closed): VM deleting goes nirvana
- After a onevm delete 4775 the vm status stays forever deleting. It happens 30% of the time.
A look on the oned.log...
- 10:34 PM Feature #216: Additional hook types
- Hi, a quick progress report:)
* iSCSI LN is implemented, eg. we can link a previously created image to a newly cre...
- 10:05 PM Feature #203: Authentication & Authorization Drivers
Do you have any plans to update the user domain as well? like introducing additional user attributes,
- 09:46 PM Request #267 (Closed): Extensible core
we'd like to request the extensibility of the XML-RPC server (eg. RequestManager).
In our c...
- 05:52 PM Feature #266 (Closed): New public Attribute for networks
- OpenNebula makes a network public if it is owned by oneadmin, this somehow limit the possibilities of public and priv...
- 06:44 AM Bug #265: Do not delete vm images after migration fail
- Now I think about it more, i think it does not make sense to delete images on any error at all.
Even a fresh start f...
- 06:55 PM Bug #265 (Closed): Do not delete vm images after migration fail
- From Shi Jin mail:...
- 06:52 PM Bug #263 (Closed): error while migrating virtual machines
- Send a mail to the mailing list with $ONE_LOCATION/var/oned.log, $ONE_LOCATION/var/<vmid>/vm.log and information abou...
- 03:18 PM Request #262: If a host fails too much one should disable it automatically.
- I workaround it in /usr/lib/one/tm_commands/nfs/tm_clone.sh:
--- tm_clone.sh (revision 1890)
- 09:31 PM Bug #241: econe-server errors are not properly formatted AWS-style XML
- For reference, the changeset is commit:23e40d1b19537aa5cdfae49fec3d1bb6c6395c06
- 09:29 PM Bug #241 (Closed): econe-server errors are not properly formatted AWS-style XML
- Fix available in master.
- 04:16 PM Feature #192 (Closed): Unit Testing for OpenNebula Core
- Tests for the Core Pool, Template, and Action classes are now in master
- 01:06 AM Feature #261: Configurable VM & Host Monitoring
- Branch 261, includes the patches for:
# limiting the number of simultaneous VM monitor operations to 5
# VM monitor...
- 06:24 PM Bug #263 (Closed): error while migrating virtual machines
- i have installed opennebula and while migrating virtual machine from one host to another, it fails on boot state in t...
- 11:41 AM Request #262 (Closed): If a host fails too much one should disable it automatically.
- It is related to Bug #196 and Bug #187.
I could not apply the patches related to this bug, so I can not use the RANK...
- 03:46 PM Feature #261 (Closed): Configurable VM & Host Monitoring
- For large-scale deployments monitoring can impose too much overhead and slow the responsiveness of the system in term...
- 11:44 PM Bug #260 (Closed): Cancel action fails in Driver subsystem & missing method
- With ruby 1.8.5 (confirmed) cancel action may fail with...
- 08:15 PM Feature #258: Max. number the VMs dispatched
- Changes in master. Need to update documentation with the new arguments...
- 01:38 PM Feature #258 (Closed): Max. number the VMs dispatched
- The scheduler should allow to set the max. number of VMs dispatched to a given host. Currently the new scheduler allo...
- 08:13 PM Bug #259 (Closed): Lock callback mechanism
- Now in master
- 01:43 PM Bug #259 (Closed): Lock callback mechanism
- Right now, when a pool needs to access the DB, it sets the callback function and then asks the DB to perform the quer...
- 11:10 PM Bug #257 (Closed): Rdoc dependency
- From Gary Mazzaferro (email@example.com)
Rdoc has been removed from later versions of ruby. I'...
- 06:00 PM Bug #256 (Closed): OCCI clients needs explicit SHA1/digest ruby requirement in CentOS
- It is due to ruby version ~= 1.8.5, it needs to explicitly set
- 01:32 PM Bug #255: transfer managers assume PATH setting
- I think we can put all the tools in a common file to be sourced by the tm_scripts.
- 12:24 AM Bug #255 (Closed): transfer managers assume PATH setting
- The TMs assume that 'mkfs' is on the path -- that's not the case with a default setup of (at least) Centos 5.4. It ...
- 12:47 PM Bug #254: VMware server properties vary from those in ESXi
- It looks like there may be subtle variations between VMware server versions. Xavier reported (http://lists.opennebula...
- 12:40 PM Bug #254 (Closed): VMware server properties vary from those in ESXi
- The ideal solution would be to find its equivalents, but at the very least we should try-catch them so it doesn't fai...
- 01:02 PM Feature #253: Share Virtual Networks among users.
- This will be being fixed in branch feature-200
Also available in: Atom