From 05/03/2011 to 06/01/2011
- 11:22 PM Request #666 (Closed): Copy links as links rather than files when registering an image
- Hi Vivien,
We have been working on this for the next release. The image repository has been decoupled and architec...
- 12:14 PM Request #666 (Closed): Copy links as links rather than files when registering an image
- Quick background : I'm writing a TM driver that uses iscsi to store VM images. This TM driver relies on links to the ...
- 10:17 PM Feature #595 (Assigned): Support locally initiated migration
- 09:16 PM Feature #664 (Closed): Prefilter "arguments" for actions/commands
- Hi, some improvements have been made in that sense which are already in Master. Disabled hosts, or unpublished images...
- 01:54 PM Feature #664 (Closed): Prefilter "arguments" for actions/commands
If I want to (live-)migrate a VM in SunStone, I have to choose a target
and I get a choice of all ONE hosts....
- 02:59 PM Backlog #665 (Closed): Allow rate limiting of a VIF.
- Xen allows one to set an upload rate limit on a virtual interface. I am interesting in leveraging this functionnality...
- 12:32 PM Feature #662 (Closed): Improve Request Manager Implementation
- The goal of this issue is to reduce the code and re-structure the current RequestManager classes. This will allow us ...
- 09:36 AM Feature #661 (Closed): Refactor the CLI
- The Command Line Interface will be simplified and we will be able to configure it to fit our requirements.
- 07:22 AM Bug #659: Thread dead lock in ActionManager.rb
- As with most race-conditions it was quite hard to reproduce, the original cause was that a call to signal() has been ...
- 09:50 PM Bug #659: Thread dead lock in ActionManager.rb
Could you provide some details to reproduce this?
Thanks for the feedback and the patch!
- 11:49 AM Bug #659 (Closed): Thread dead lock in ActionManager.rb
It's possible for ActionManager threads to dead lock, periodic wake up (or `signalling') solves this. When ...
- 04:12 PM Bug #657 (Closed): Sunstone does not honor the VM name (VM created with template)
- 04:09 PM Bug #657: Sunstone does not honor the VM name (VM created with template)
- Yep, it works now. Thanks for the quick fix.
- 03:29 PM Bug #657: Sunstone does not honor the VM name (VM created with template)
- The attached patch should fix the problem.
Thanks for the feedback.
- 08:53 AM Bug #657 (Closed): Sunstone does not honor the VM name (VM created with template)
I am using Opennebula "master" branch. I am highly interested in the template feature.
This works from the co...
- 03:01 PM Bug #658 (Closed): Sunstone incorrectly displays dates
- 03:01 PM Bug #658: Sunstone incorrectly displays dates
- Hi this was fixed in master as shown in #590. But thanks!
- 11:24 AM Bug #658 (Closed): Sunstone incorrectly displays dates
- 12:05 PM Backlog #660 (Pending): tm_ssh with local image cache
For cases when main image for VM does not change (it's cloneable) caching it locally on host can provide si...
- 07:45 PM Feature #654: Reboot action for VMs
- This action would also be very useful for the OCCI 1.1 implementation. It would be very good if this action could ind...
- 01:48 PM Bug #656 (Closed): Xen poll script fails for some Xen versions
- As reported by María in the mailing list , the OpenNebula 2.2 Xen polling script can fail for some versions.
- 09:09 AM Feature #653: Resources can only be referenced by their ID
- It's not that I foresee some specific problems, but more that when problems happen (and they do :p) I find it hard to...
- 04:20 PM Feature #655 (Closed): Change Resource references
- We recently added a new resource called Template to represent the VMs templates:
This will be the new nomenclature f...
- 03:58 PM Feature #653: Resources can only be referenced by their ID
- We certainly warn about this, so to avoid confusion.
We are conscious that this may cause issues, we would like to...
- 09:24 AM Feature #653: Resources can only be referenced by their ID
- This is not backward compatible. There should be a big warning somewhere in the documentation and/or the "changelog"/...
- 09:19 AM Feature #653 (Closed): Resources can only be referenced by their ID
- As the use-cases of OpenNebula scales in the number of users, it has become very difficult to maintain a double refer...
- 02:45 PM Feature #654 (Closed): Reboot action for VMs
- New action for VMs to allow sending a reboot signal to the hypervisor.
- 05:21 PM Backlog #652 (Closed): Hybrid storage, importing images to OpenNebula
- This new tool will enable us to import and contextualize images from external storage providers.
The first driver ...
- 05:06 PM Feature #651 (Closed): Add Non Blocking Generic Command Class
- The Generic Command class waits until the command is finished to print the output. The new command will dynamically p...
- 02:34 PM Feature #650 (Closed): Enable graphs in Sunstone
- Summary graphs for the dashboard, hosts and VMs resources
- 01:45 PM Bug #649 (Closed): cannot use a iso based cdrom in vmware
- From Carlos A. email@example.com on the list
The problem is the line that states <source file='/tmp/iso'/> while ...
- 10:17 AM Bug #648 (Assigned): vmcontext.sh script is not LSB compliant
- 09:04 AM Bug #648 (Closed): vmcontext.sh script is not LSB compliant
- Sysv-rc is the default runlevel manager in linux distributions like debian.
The default opennebula vmcontext.sh scri...
- 02:51 PM Bug #597 (Closed): Bug in XMLUtils when not using the NOKOGIRI gem
- Solved in master.
- 01:53 PM Bug #635 (Closed): Template Reference in the documentation should include VMware information
- added vmware column
- 12:05 PM Bug #567: Vmm polling error - Error monitoring VM, Error executing sudo /usr/sbin/xentop -bi2
- The attached patch checks for the xen version used. If the version is > 3.X, it will use a slightly modified polling ...
- 10:28 AM Feature #370 (Closed): Manpages: sections, uncompress them
- Moved to section 1, and uncompressed in the git repo. Cannot add info easily as they are automatically generated from...
- 09:36 AM Bug #647 (Closed): CLI -l option fails with an exception when column is unknown
- client_utilities.rb throws an uncaught exception when an invalid column name is used with the '-l' option.
- 05:12 PM Bug #541 (Closed): OCCI API should return 403 Forbidden when the user cannot be authenticated, in...
- If the auth info is not present, or not valid, a 401 is returned.
- 03:06 PM Bug #645 (Closed): Do not use "for..in" to iterate over js Arrays in Sunstone
- 11:06 AM Bug #645 (Closed): Do not use "for..in" to iterate over js Arrays in Sunstone
- for...in sentence is meant to list the properties of an object, not to iterate over array elements. If functions are ...
- 03:06 PM Feature #644 (Closed): Allow selection of IP when using predefined network in Sunstone
- 10:46 AM Feature #644 (Closed): Allow selection of IP when using predefined network in Sunstone
- 03:06 PM Feature #643 (Closed): Dropdown select when save_as machine image in Sunstone
- 10:45 AM Feature #643 (Closed): Dropdown select when save_as machine image in Sunstone
- 02:53 PM Bug #561 (Closed): ArgumentError when executing host_error.rb
- 02:53 PM Bug #561: ArgumentError when executing host_error.rb
- Duplicate of 597
- 01:58 PM Feature #610 (Closed): Check if Sunstone port is being used by a different service
- Fixed by 77e21af42e76776fc06dfbdd040ade009489380f
- 11:11 AM Bug #152 (Closed): XML-RPC Documentation lacks response information
- Updated in xsd and documentation
- 03:25 PM Bug #566 (Closed): Pool Objects reuse deleted ids
- The changes are now in master
- 03:25 PM Feature #642 (Closed): Put the template template in a new tab
- 09:10 AM Feature #642 (Closed): Put the template template in a new tab
- and find a sexier name than template template for it
- 03:25 PM Feature #641 (Closed): Add instantiate button to the templates tab
- 09:01 AM Feature #641 (Closed): Add instantiate button to the templates tab
- Allowing to deploy a VM with the selected template[s]
- 03:25 PM Feature #640 (Closed): Reduce space between template subattributes
- 08:57 AM Feature #640 (Closed): Reduce space between template subattributes
- 03:25 PM Feature #638 (Closed): Enlarge image description input in the image creation wizard
- 08:52 AM Feature #638 (Closed): Enlarge image description input in the image creation wizard
- Put a textarea in place
- 03:25 PM Feature #632 (Closed): Add features section to Sunstone wizards
- 03:25 PM Bug #608 (Closed): Sunstone show "undefined" when image is in lock state
- 02:42 PM Bug #637 (Closed): Remotes should only be under VAR
- 02:25 PM Feature #530 (Closed): Pass information of resources for Hooks
- This is now in master. Hooks can only use now:
* ID in $HID and $VMID form
* TEMPLATE to get the full template in x...
- 02:08 PM Feature #513 (Closed): Username variable in CONTEXT
- Changes are now in master. Other changes in this issue were:
* $UID in context
* $IMAGE attributes (equivalent to $...
- 08:53 AM Feature #639 (Closed): Add file browser for the images path in image creation wizard
- Indicate that this is for local paths
- 04:23 PM Bug #637 (Closed): Remotes should only be under VAR
- Currently remotes are place by install.sh under LIB and VAR directories. Since that is confusing, they need to be rem...
- 04:23 PM Bug #636 (Closed): Ganglia VM monitor does not report shutdown VM
- Hi there,
With the traditional VM monitor, if the VM is shutdown by its OS, ONE would report it to be in an UNKNOW...
- 04:10 PM Feature #179: Ability to expand disk source on physical host
- I am also using this "feature". But I would like to use the Opennebula image repository, that is, in my VM Template u...
- 02:06 PM Bug #611 (Closed): VMware Disk driver shouldn't have a mandatory default value
- 02:03 PM Bug #635 (Closed): Template Reference in the documentation should include VMware information
- It also should feature a TOC or should be split in various pages
- 10:57 AM Request #633 (Closed): Provide all VM information to drivers
- As reported by Nikolay in the list , some drivers need extra information of the VM to perform certain actions.
- 09:16 AM Feature #632 (Closed): Add features section to Sunstone wizards
- With PAE and ACPI options
- 08:20 AM Bug #631 (Closed): Libvirt does not honor target attribute for disks
- It seems that some versions of libvirt does not honor the target attribute for libvirt. A possible solution is to sor...
- 04:37 PM Bug #630 (Closed): IM ssh driver fails to report poll error if the host is unreachable
- If a Host with no route to it is created, the driver should return FAILURE.
Instead, it logs the 'scp' command error...
- 03:58 PM Bug #590 (Closed): Image registration time in Sunstone not corresponding to CLI times
- 03:58 PM Bug #587 (Closed): Select items should be added if user is owner, whether they are published or not
- 03:58 PM Bug #586 (Closed): Sunstone add Disk type/source/size/format relations
- 03:58 PM Feature #584 (Closed): Sunstone Host monitoring confusing "init"
- 03:58 PM Feature #622 (Closed): Improve the template representation in Sunstone
- 03:58 PM Feature #601 (Closed): Add custom variables to sunstone wizard
- 03:58 PM Feature #600 (Closed): Auto-scape " in the requirements/rank fields
- 01:44 AM Bug #628: oneimage register does not work from a remote host
- > Out of curiosity, image upload is a common use-case in your setup?
Absolutely. A typical model right now is tha...
- 11:12 PM Bug #628 (Closed): oneimage register does not work from a remote host
- 11:11 PM Bug #628: oneimage register does not work from a remote host
This has been updated for the next release. The image repository has been improved to have a new manager and d...
- 01:25 PM Bug #628 (Closed): oneimage register does not work from a remote host
- We tried making the OpenNebula management commands available to one of our developers. While just about everything e...
- 10:59 PM Bug #469: Xen deploy action does not set VM credits
- Wrong issue
Ruben S. Montero wrote:
> The Credit scheduler should be able to be enabled/disabled from the xenrc c...
- 10:21 PM Bug #469: Xen deploy action does not set VM credits
- The Credit scheduler should be able to be enabled/disabled from the xenrc configuration file. We will add this featur...
- 09:37 PM Feature #521: X509 Authorization
- Now they apply nicely, the patches are commited to the branch.
- 03:27 PM Feature #521: X509 Authorization
- Looks like some files changed between the time I did my checkout and the time you made the new branch. Here is a new ...
- 02:39 PM Feature #521: X509 Authorization
- I've been trying to apply the patches you sent and the don't apply, specifically 0006. Do you have a public repo wher...
- 01:53 PM Bug #627 (Closed): OpenNebula cannot be compiled without sqlite libs
- 01:22 PM Bug #627 (Closed): OpenNebula cannot be compiled without sqlite libs
- Even adding "sqlite=no" to scons the compilation still needs sqlite3 include files.
- 09:54 AM Feature #622 (Closed): Improve the template representation in Sunstone
- 06:19 AM Feature #621 (Closed): Dynamic CPU load for VMs
as part of the May 2011 IRC session http://opennebula.org/public/110509.html I'd like to propose
to make the...
- 06:53 PM Bug #617 (Closed): impossible condition in the ebtables hook
- 05:47 PM Feature #521: X509 Authorization
- The new branch is created from the head so this should not be a problem. I am going to apply the last set of patches ...
- 03:41 PM Bug #585 (Closed): host_error.rb hook should use the -2 flag
- 03:27 PM Bug #593 (Closed): VMware Addon installer should copy on the var directory as well
- 03:12 PM Bug #598 (Closed): Units of size of storage reported differently from value set
- 02:56 PM Bug #522: "oneimage list" as admin does not show all images
- I think this is not actually a bug. You should specify "oneimage list all" to list all images for all users.
- 02:08 PM Bug #566: Pool Objects reuse deleted ids
- This issue will be solved in branch feature-591
- 12:52 PM Bug #620 (Closed): Ldap authentication does not correctly generate new users
- 10:16 AM Bug #620 (Closed): Ldap authentication does not correctly generate new users
- Authentication response is malformed
- 08:43 AM Feature #591: DB Versioning and migration tool
- Hi Damien, thank you for your comments.
Looks like we are in the right path:
> - allow your DB migration tool t...
- 12:53 AM Feature #553 (Closed): Add cache option to disk definition.
- Changes in master as described here. Documentation also updated
- 12:25 AM Bug #540 (Closed): Numeric context variable causes undefined template
- This has been fixed as part of bug #576
- 12:23 AM Feature #523 (Closed): Improved Image Repository Management
- 12:17 AM Bug #500 (Closed): oneimage addattr doesn't validate invalid parameters
- This has been solved as part of #576. Thanks for the feedback!
- 12:15 AM Bug #576 (Closed): The core does not check monitoring data
- The parser was not really a problem here. It has been improved to be more robust though. The real problem is attribut...
- 09:48 PM Feature #591: DB Versioning and migration tool
I don't know what's current status of this feature request, so please excuse me if my remarks are already spec...
- 12:44 AM Feature #523 (Assigned): Improved Image Repository Management
- Reopen this bug to make the image repository more independent of the underlying storage backend.
- 12:06 AM Bug #559 (Closed): Custom Disk and Network attributes shouldn't be overwritten
- Ready in master
- 12:05 AM Feature #589 (Closed): [patch] Add support for LibVirt network-filter
- This is now ready in master. I've extended the functionality with:
* You can now set any filter to the interface as:...
- 09:32 PM Feature #619 (Closed): Don't hardcode the path to ssh private key in oneauth
- The 'oneauth' command currently hardcodes the location of the SSH private key file to $HOME/.ssh/id_rsa. This may ca...
- 06:41 PM Feature #521: X509 Authorization
- Though I made my changes against the head, I am sure they will apply to the new feature-521 branch. When you have com...
- 06:34 PM Feature #521: X509 Authorization
- Here are the patches with the changes as described in my last update. To specify the host or service cert and key, an...
- 05:54 PM Feature #521: X509 Authorization
- I have created the branch feature-521 branch for this feature code. I will add your patches to it an also our changes...
- 03:54 PM Feature #521: X509 Authorization
- We can open a branch for these developments and we can also help you on integrating these features in the main codeba...
- 04:23 PM Feature #612 (Closed): When a quota is reached requesting a VM, the error message should be more ...
- 09:16 AM Request #618 (Closed): econe EC2_SECRET_KEY sha1 instead of plain
- The euca and ElasticFox EC2_SECRET_KEY value is set to the sha1 OpenNebula password. On the other hand the econe tool...
- 08:47 PM Bug #617 (Closed): impossible condition in the ebtables hook
- As reported by Frédéric Dreier, the ebtables hook is not working because of an impossible condition:
- 05:09 PM Feature #591: DB Versioning and migration tool
- Needs testing and documentation.
- 04:35 PM Bug #616 (Closed): install.sh fails to uninstall some files in system-wide mode
- 04:09 PM Bug #615 (Closed): onevm shows a stopped VM assigned to a Host
- After a 'onevm stop' action over a VM, that VM is shown to be deployed in the Host it was running.
This is wrong s...
- 04:09 PM Feature #521: X509 Authorization
- * I'll work on replacing the detection of the host_signed check with a configuration parameter.
* In the cloud layer...
- 02:33 PM Backlog #614 (Closed): Supply a ganglia module for monitoring without using cron+gmetric
Currently ganglia monitoring is supposed to be pushed
into gmond via a cron job calling gmetric. It would be...
- 12:41 PM Feature #612: When a quota is reached requesting a VM, the error message should be more explicit
- Now quota violations return messages similar to this one:
Cpu quota exceeded (Quota: 20.0, Used: 43.5). Memory quo...
- 10:55 AM Feature #612 (Closed): When a quota is reached requesting a VM, the error message should be more ...
- Reported by Marc-Elian Begin:
> When a quota is reached requesting a new VM the error message is:
- 11:11 AM Bug #613 (Closed): Changing default -vga parameter given to KVM
- From Aaron Baer firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there currently a preferred method for passing a new option to the defa...
- 04:42 PM Feature #521: X509 Authorization
- Thanks for your contribution, we feel that this functionality is really nice and we feel it is better to add it to th...
- 01:40 PM Bug #611 (Closed): VMware Disk driver shouldn't have a mandatory default value
- It poses problems with VMware server, although it is fine with ESX.
From antoni artigues email@example.com
- 01:13 PM Backlog #605: Make mm_sched behave more like a daemon
- After looking over other parts of the OpenNebula code, in particular the /usr/bin/one script, this is what I would re...
- 11:35 AM Backlog #605: Make mm_sched behave more like a daemon
I just moved this from feature to request instead of closing it.
- 08:24 AM Feature #610 (Closed): Check if Sunstone port is being used by a different service
- Find out whether the chosen port is being used and do not try to bind it in that case.
- 08:23 AM Bug #609 (Closed): Add gem bin/ folder to PATH by default in Sunstone
- Some distros like Ubuntu won't do this, so starting up the server fails with "rackup not found". A wrapper taking car...
- 06:48 PM Feature #521: X509 Authorization
- Please use this for the x509_auth.rb patch, instead of the one included in the latest tarball.
- 04:48 PM Feature #521: X509 Authorization
- I updated a few of the patches so that they could be a applied to the current head. They also apply to the current 2....
- 02:48 PM Backlog #605: Make mm_sched behave more like a daemon
- On second thought, this patch needs work. Doesn't look like I can close my own issues, though.
- 01:10 PM Bug #590: Image registration time in Sunstone not corresponding to CLI times
- Added patch. Caused by getMonth() function returning an integer between 0 (january) and 11(dec).
- 12:56 PM Bug #608 (Closed): Sunstone show "undefined" when image is in lock state
- Added patch
- 10:12 AM Feature #607 (Closed): Add edit option to object's internal templates
- It would be useful to add the ability to replace the whole template for some objects.
This way users could edit exis...
Also available in: Atom