From 02/10/2013 to 03/11/2013
- 02:18 PM Bug #1806 (Closed): Fix log path for Sunstone in system wide installation
- The path for the vm logs in Sunstone for the system wide installation is incorrect. It can be fixed with this commit:...
- 12:09 PM Bug #1805 (Closed): LCM::monitor_suspend_action frees the host capacity
- A suspend action initiated by the user (LCM::suspend_action) does not free the host resources, but the suspend action...
- 11:15 AM Bug #1804 (Closed): ACL rules with CREATE rights only match when resource is *
- From "this thread":http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2013-March/022276.html
This acl rul...
- 10:24 AM Bug #1801 (Closed): My experience upgrading from 3.8.3 to 4.0/master (2289b1d)
- > - The 3.8.3 to 3.9.80 DB migrator is missing.
We know, thanks. This will be done before the beta release.
- 08:59 PM Feature #1803 (Closed): Attach NIC operation should check Cluster constraints
- 08:57 PM Feature #1691: Develop Hot-plugging for NICs
- Simon Boulet wrote:
> ...One thing I noticed however is that it seems possible to attach a VNET that belongs to ...
- 08:15 PM Feature #1691: Develop Hot-plugging for NICs
- Ruben S. Montero wrote:
> A preliminary version is in master, if you can give it a try and give us feedback it would...
- 04:37 PM Bug #1802 (Closed): Host monitoring will not retrieve data for deleted hosts
- Because of the INNER JOIN clause, when a host is deleted from the host_pool, the data we still have in the monitoring...
- 02:45 PM Bug #1801 (Closed): My experience upgrading from 3.8.3 to 4.0/master (2289b1d)
- - The 3.8.3 to 3.9.80 DB migrator is missing. I managed to migrate by using the 3.8.1_to_3.9.80 migrator and then man...
- 01:36 PM Bug #1799 (Closed): Remove NAME attribute from Template once it is instantiated
- in branch 1791
- 11:25 AM Bug #1799 (Closed): Remove NAME attribute from Template once it is instantiated
- 01:20 PM Bug #1800 (Closed): Problems with host monitorization
- There are a couple of issues with the new monitorization:
* VMs in poweroff or suspended are detected as being runni...
- 12:37 AM Feature #1798 (Closed): optionally limit the resources exposed by a host
- In some cases, its valuable to be able to limit the resources opennebula uses from a specific host. It should be poss...
- 05:32 PM Feature #1797 (Closed): Unify CLI command naming
- Commands use very different naming one from another, for example the snapshot commands are:...
- 12:30 PM Feature #1790 (Closed): CRL Checking in x509_auth.rb
- Now in master
- 11:34 AM Bug #1575 (Closed): OpenNebulaVNC.rb doesn't fit with the new websockify
- 11:33 AM Bug #1603 (Closed): Sunstone: "Historical usages" tab name may be confusing
- Removed from new version
- 11:31 AM Feature #1585 (Closed): Sunstone: Make the templates editable in place, or even repopulating the ...
- Done in new version
- 11:31 AM Feature #1584 (Closed): Sunstone: Improve table row selection behaviour
- New selection method implemented
- 11:31 AM Request #1604 (Closed): Update button in historical usage tab does not give any clue that it is l...
- Removed the tab from 4.0
- 11:24 AM Bug #1794 (Closed): Make vmware image registration more robust by allowing files other than .vmdk
- 12:54 AM Feature #1691: Develop Hot-plugging for NICs
- Simon Boulet wrote:
> Any chances this will make it to 4.0? Anything I can do to help?
A preliminary version is i...
- 09:34 PM Feature #1370 (Closed): Add rackup support in cloud servers
- 07:06 PM Feature #1796: Improve Ceph Integration
- Not sure how I messed that up, but the correct disk entry is below:
@<disk type='network' device='disk'>
- 03:47 PM Feature #1796 (Closed): Improve Ceph Integration
- I ran into an issue testing the Ceph drivers on a newer version of Libvirt (1.0.x in particular) and they are broken ...
- 03:56 PM Request #1795: Please Add me into the register group
- Thank you very much.
- 09:59 AM Request #1795 (Closed): Please Add me into the register group
- You are now in the registered users list.
- 06:48 AM Request #1795 (Closed): Please Add me into the register group
- The web site said:
If you register to this open OpenNebula Development Portal, you will be automatica...
- 11:40 AM Feature #1369 (Closed): Add Memcache support for sessions in cloud servers
- 11:23 AM Feature #471 (Closed): IPv6 Support
- 05:29 PM Bug #1794 (Closed): Make vmware image registration more robust by allowing files other than .vmdk
- Currently, if there is a file that isn't a .vmdk in the directory that contains the images it fails. That can be fixe...
- 11:34 AM Bug #1785 (Closed): VMware with Shared Storage configuration cannot make volatile volumes
- This issue is solved by supporting 'raw' attribute. It just make a volume without any format. The volume will be form...
- 08:16 AM Feature #1068: Implement RBD disk images
- 08:37 PM Feature #1068: Implement RBD disk images
Thanks for implementing the driver in the 4.0 release. I'm not sure if this will make release, but attached ...
- 06:49 PM Bug #1792 (Assigned): Problem with duplicated MACs on filtering with Open vSwitch
- THANKS for the patch!!!
We'll take a look ASAP and merge it upstream
- 11:27 AM Feature #1793 (Closed): Virtual router should also include a router advertisement daemon (radvd)
- 10:39 PM Bug #1792 (Closed): Problem with duplicated MACs on filtering with Open vSwitch
- There's a bug when you create 2 VNETs with the same range of IPs, if ONE decides to put two VMs in the same node you ...
- 06:00 PM Feature #1791 (Closed): Support for disk snapshotting
- 04:21 PM Feature #1790 (Closed): CRL Checking in x509_auth.rb
- We FermiCloud team have added CRL-checking code to
and have tested it to s...
- 10:18 AM Feature #471: IPv6 Support
- h2. Design Goals
Getting ready this for 4.0. Draft design is as follows.
* Preserve OpenNebula's net address sp...
- 12:56 PM Bug #1789 (Closed): Sunstone upload does not work using webrick
Using thin instead of webrick...
- 11:33 AM Backlog #1788 (Pending): Add --format option to show commands
- From a mail by Hans-Joachim Ehlers (http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2013-February/022188.h...
- 03:12 AM Feature #1685 (Closed): Synchronize VMM and TM delete operations when a VM is deleted
- 03:11 AM Feature #1658 (Closed): Support for syslog facilities
- 03:11 AM Feature #1675 (Closed): Add a probe that lists current_vms per host, to enable vm affnity out of ...
- 03:09 AM Bug #1605 (Closed): VMs stuck in CLEANUP cannot be deleted
- 03:08 AM Feature #1565 (Closed): Enable ACLs for clusters
- 03:07 AM Feature #1554 (Closed): Use cluster attributes in requirements and rank expressions
- 03:05 AM Feature #1553 (Closed): RANK expression cannot use first level host attributes
- 03:04 AM Bug #1521 (Closed): LVM transfer driver remove persistent LV when onevm shutdown
- 03:04 AM Feature #1483 (Closed): Define VM deploy and shutdown times for the scheduler
- 03:02 AM Feature #1224 (Closed): Support VM snapshots
- 03:01 AM Feature #846 (Closed): Scheduler approach on impossible results
- 03:00 AM Feature #1681 (Closed): Umask for OpenNebula users
- 02:59 AM Feature #1697 (Closed): User supplied Attributes on one.template.instantiate and VM Template merge
- 02:56 AM Feature #1747 (Closed): Allow xpath expressions to select nodes in requirements and rank
- 02:55 AM Feature #1739 (Closed): Improve monitorization
- 02:53 AM Feature #1772 (Closed): VMs can be resized (memory & CPU) if they are not running
- 02:02 PM Bug #1787 (Closed): the filtering rules for openvswitch don't work properly if the have the same ...
- As reported by a community user in this "thread":http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2013-Febr...
- 08:40 PM Backlog #1786 (Pending): Reload scheduler configuration and auth files on signal
- Make the scheduler reload sched.conf and one_auth files after sending a signal.
- 05:11 PM Bug #1785 (Closed): VMware with Shared Storage configuration cannot make volatile volumes
- There is a lack of mkfs in ESX. Alternative: use vmkfstools. Drawback: TM SHARED won't be as general.
- 05:06 PM Feature #1784 (Closed): Clearly state in documentation that changing $ONE_AUTH does not change pa...
- Currently if users update the password in $ONE_AUTH without updating first the user information using `oneuser passwd...
- 10:23 AM Backlog #1783 (Pending): create hooks for API actions on network and image resources
- Apart from the create, delete hooks, add basic hooks for network and image API calls. The image resource should also ...
- 11:01 PM Feature #1758: Allow the use of MAC= parameter with ranged networks
- The MAC address (ex: 00:16:3E:D3:18:A2) has no 02:00 prefix because the VM was not initially deployed in OpenNebula. ...
- 09:45 PM Feature #1758: Allow the use of MAC= parameter with ranged networks
- There is no actual difference between MAC and IP's in OpenNebula. The lowest 32bit of the MAC address is the IPv4 add...
- 10:39 PM Feature #1741 (Closed): X.509 authn rewrite
- 08:10 PM Backlog #1782 (Closed): Make OpenNebula compatible with bsd OS
- OpenNebula is currently only compatible with GNU based OS (mainly linux). Incompatibilities found:
- 02:33 PM Bug #1781 (Closed): OpenNebula core should generate context file sh-syntax secure
- OpenNebula should use single quotes for context values, message from the mailing list:...
- 01:12 PM Feature #1772: VMs can be resized (memory & CPU) if they are not running
- Yes there is a separate issue for image re-sizing...
- 11:54 AM Feature #1164 (Closed): Create a new alias for the .info method in OCA
- 11:27 AM Feature #1780 (Closed): Unify method naming in OCA
- Not all the methods in oca follow the snake case naming. For example, in Cluster:...
- 10:57 AM Bug #1779 (Closed): Handle error when the marketplace is not available
- 10:26 AM Feature #1778 (Closed): onevm --memory option needs more documentation
- Now it says:
--memory memory Memory ammount given to the VM
We should add at least the unit. And fix the typo (a...
- 04:29 PM Feature #1772: VMs can be resized (memory & CPU) if they are not running
- I would like to add ability to resize HDD as well. Do you think is that possible? Somewhere here I found an issue for...
- 05:21 PM Feature #1741: X.509 authn rewrite
- Now the DNs are escaped using \<@hex value@> for space characters. I am not using @+@ as this is a reserved character...
- 11:12 AM Feature #1224: Support VM snapshots
- Improvement to consider: The DispatchManager::snapshot_create method could call LibVirtDriverKVM (in case the VM vmm ...
- 11:08 AM Feature #1739: Improve monitorization
- The hosts only have one type of template error message, monitorization, but the VMs can have different messages: atta...
- 08:39 PM Bug #1776: Unable to import from the marketplace
- Open ssl comes up with the same result..
openssl dgst -md5 /var/lib/one/datastores/100/64d9e6626debdd49bb9d0656428...
- 08:07 PM Bug #1776 (Closed): Unable to import from the marketplace
- Selecting an image, then import to the local infrastructure fails:
ned.log:Thu Feb 21 11:38:01 2013 [ImM][E]: cp: Co...
- 07:49 PM Bug #1775 (Closed): sunstone import does not fill in the source till successful md5 check
- $ oneimage list
17 oneadmin oneadmin CentOS Server 6 user_ds 578M OS No err 0
$ oneimage show 17...
- 02:51 PM Feature #1770: Image decompress and their size reported in OpenNebula
- I like the idea of CP reporting the "final" size of an image. Making the second size parameter optional for drivers t...
- 02:46 PM Feature #1768: CloudInit and Instance Data, or replacing the current context scripts
- Excellent, the metadata server is exactly what I was looking for. Perhaps we should look more at integrating more sop...
- 01:58 AM Bug #1774 (Closed): 802.1Q questions
I use opennebula3.2.1 in my environment. And the vnm is 802.1q.
Before you start the virtual machine, openn...
- 10:09 PM Feature #1224: Support VM snapshots
- Simon Boulet wrote:
> Ruben S. Montero wrote:
> > Finally, we'll go for both system and disk snapshots.
> Are ...
- 09:28 PM Feature #1224: Support VM snapshots
- Ruben S. Montero wrote:
> Finally, we'll go for both system and disk snapshots.
Are the one.vm.snapshotcreate and...
- 02:14 PM Feature #1224: Support VM snapshots
- Finally, we'll go for both system and disk snapshots.
- 04:42 PM Feature #1773 (Closed): Add network groups
- Network groups will hold a number of networks, then you can specify that group to get an IP and it will select an IP ...
- 02:49 PM Feature #1772 (Closed): VMs can be resized (memory & CPU) if they are not running
- This is for offline resizing a VM, i.e. changing the MEMORY and CPU attributes. There are two different situations:
- 02:28 PM Bug #1744 (Closed): In Ubuntu and Debian, onemarket installs to the wrong path
- Thanks closing
- 09:39 AM Feature #1701 (Closed): Support IO attribute in DISK definitions in KVM
- 09:01 AM Feature #1770: Image decompress and their size reported in OpenNebula
- Totally agree, we first observed that when registering an image from the market place. I prefer the second option. Bu...
- 08:46 AM Bug #1771 (Closed): Apparent size reported instead of real disk size in datastore/libfs.sh
Using apparent-size will add an error up to the block size in the file-system. However, it will deal with spars...
- 08:38 AM Feature #1691: Develop Hot-plugging for NICs
- Simon Boulet wrote:
> Any chances this will make it to 4.0? Anything I can do to help?
Hi, yes this will defeintl...
- 05:55 PM Bug #1771 (Closed): Apparent size reported instead of real disk size in datastore/libfs.sh
- While investigating for #1770, I came across a difference in the size reported by the libfs.sh fs_size function and t...
- 05:29 PM Feature #1770 (Closed): Image decompress and their size reported in OpenNebula
- Currently when registering an image:
1- The user submit a new image (using oneimage create)
2- OpenNebula calls ...
- 03:41 PM Feature #1691: Develop Hot-plugging for NICs
- Any chances this will make it to 4.0? Anything I can do to help?
- 02:20 PM Feature #1701 (Assigned): Support IO attribute in DISK definitions in KVM
- 02:19 PM Feature #1164 (Assigned): Create a new alias for the .info method in OCA
- 05:16 PM Feature #1761 (Closed): Separate xen version 3 and 4 drivers with different default configuration
- 02:24 PM Feature #1620 (Closed): Add dns and ssh_key configuration scripts to contextualization packages
- 02:20 PM Backlog #1769 (Pending): Decouple deploy and poweron actions
- This will allow to stage a VM in a particular host, and then power it on. Hence, this is akin to a two phase submissi...
- 06:23 PM Feature #1697: User supplied Attributes on one.template.instantiate and VM Template merge
- Hi Carlos
> With this change, the users can now instantiate one of the available
> templates, and replace any att...
- 05:52 PM Feature #1697: User supplied Attributes on one.template.instantiate and VM Template merge
- Now that I think of it, we may have broken the following use case:
The admin wants to have absolute control over t...
- 04:48 PM Feature #1697: User supplied Attributes on one.template.instantiate and VM Template merge
- I just applied the patch. The only thing I changed is that Template::merge allows repeated Attributes.
You can now...
- 03:52 PM Feature #1768: CloudInit and Instance Data, or replacing the current context scripts
- We also think that cloud-init support is a must so VMs don't need to be reengineered for different VMMs. There are al...
- 02:58 PM Feature #1768 (Closed): CloudInit and Instance Data, or replacing the current context scripts
- Have you heard of CloudInit? It allow for bootstrapping instance configuration (setting the hostname, configuring var...
- 01:31 PM Feature #1068 (Closed): Implement RBD disk images
- I'm closing the ticket for the moment. Feel free to reopen if you have any suggestions.
- 01:24 PM Feature #1068 (Assigned): Implement RBD disk images
- Thank you all for helping with this feature: ideas, patches and comments.
We have merged the new feature with the ...
- 10:27 AM Bug #1767 (Closed): Include steps to move the old vm files to the new directory in the upgrade guide
- 06:06 PM Backlog #1731: OpenNebula Sunstone + SimpleSAMLphp integration
- We are moving this integration to 4.2 as we think we won't have time to do it. It's not only adding the code to the r...
- 12:05 PM Feature #1737 (Closed): CACHE in KVM attach
- Updated documentation in http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel4.0:kvmg?&#disk_hotplugging
- 09:16 AM Feature #1741: X.509 authn rewrite
- Thanks. Yes an instance of this class is shared by Sinatra requests.
Boris Parak wrote:
> Here is an updated versio...
- 11:10 PM Feature #1741: X.509 authn rewrite
- Here is an updated version of the fix (more ruby-esque)...
- 11:10 AM Feature #1697 (Assigned): User supplied Attributes on one.template.instantiate and VM Template merge
- 11:10 AM Feature #1647 (Assigned): Add VNet/Image id to VM creation error messages
- 09:17 PM Feature #1766 (Closed): Make syslog support selectable on compilarion
- Compilation options added to the documentation. Closing...
- 04:59 PM Feature #1766 (Closed): Make syslog support selectable on compilarion
- Add a "syslog" option similar to "mysql" for compilation that enables syslog feature. This is needed for distros that...
- 02:05 PM Bug #1765 (Closed): make AppFlow work with legacy rack
- Currently for old distributions where rack = 1.1.0 and sinatra = 1.0, there is a "stack level too deep" error because...
- 04:49 PM Backlog #1764 (Pending): Customisable drop-down lists in sunstone webif
Some values are not easy to remember or are prone to syntax errors (bootloader, driver, device model...) while...
- 04:34 PM Bug #1763 (New): User is not notified with error_message in rm action / recoverable actions
In datastore/rm script, I use error_message function to notify user something went wrong. The problem is nothi...
- 04:12 PM Feature #1762 (Closed): Implement Xen FEATURES
I have to pass several options to Xen with RAW attribute. It would be nice to implement FEATURES like with KVM...
Also available in: Atom