Implement Rollback for VM reconfiguration for poweroff
|Target version:||Release 5.2|
If I add a disk and a NIC in the VM, and the poweron fails on the disk but the NIC has been added, this NIC is not removed in the rollback. Next poweron cycle will add an extra NIC.
#1 Updated by Miguel Ángel Álvarez Cabrerizo over 4 years ago
- Due date set to 10/17/2016
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Resolution set to worksforme
Tested both in vCenter 6 and 5.5.
1) Import VM
2) Power on VM. Check that VM runs. Power off VM.
3) Create datablock in datastore.
4) Attach datablock to VM
5) Attach NIC to VM
6) From vCenter remove VMDK associated with datablock
7) Resume VM
8) Deploy fails with FileNotFound error. VM is in POWEROFF.
9) In vCenter no NIC or DISK have been attached.
So far, can't be reproduced in tests.