Support for RBD Format 2 images
|Category:||Drivers - Storage|
|Target version:||Release 4.6|
This will speedup cloning process of non-persistent images.
Feature #2568: Refactor RBD2 format contribution by Bill Campbell:
- Use BRIDGE_LIST instead of HOST
- Minimize the number of SSH connections
- Use default STAGING_DIR
- Add possibility to choose the RBD_FORMAT
- Add possibility to add "-O rbd" to the "rbd" command line args
#1 Updated by Bill Campbell over 6 years ago
- File opennebula-4.4-cephdrivers-format2.tar.gz added
Attached the tarball with the modified drivers for format 2 that are fully functional with 4.4
I think an image attribute/option for choice, and then a merging of existing production and this driver would be great.
(I used this for deployment in our environment, and we use SSH as the system datastore for Ceph, so there are pre/post migrate scripts in this as well. Doesn't really effect format 2 images, but could potentially be used as a basis for those that would like to utilize Ceph without requiring a shared system datastore).