Configurable VM & Host Monitoring
|Assignee:||Carlos Martín||% Done:|
|Category:||Core & System|
|Target version:||Release 2.0|
For large-scale deployments monitoring can impose too much overhead and slow the responsiveness of the system in terms of time-to-deploy of VMs. Additionally the alternative driver backend is able to do monitoring in a pull mode (i.e actions are notified by the workernodes). This can relax the intervals in the core.
The ticket will add the following configuration parameters
1.- Max number of hosts & VMs per monitoring interval
2.- Disable Host/VM monitoring
feature #261: Added support for limiting the number of VMs processed per monitoring interval.
#1 Updated by Ruben S. Montero over 10 years ago
- Assignee changed from Ruben S. Montero to Carlos Martín
- % Done changed from 0 to 60
- limiting the number of simultaneous VM monitor operations to 5
- VM monitoring can be disabled
- Host limit is now easier to configure
- The first Host monitor operation does not wait for HOST_MONITOR_INTERVAL.
- Complete integration tests with dummy backend
- Update documentation for 1.6, reference guide for oned.conf