Make mm_sched behave more like a daemon
This patch makes mm_sched behave more like a typical Unix server:
- It will auto-background by default.
- It provides the "-f" flag to make mm_sched run in the foreground.
- It provides the "-P <pidfile>" flag to make mm_sched write it's pid to a file when in background mode.
This patch includes a change to the /usr/bin/one script to add the "-f" flag to mm_sched.
#3 Updated by Lars Kellogg-Stedman almost 9 years ago
After looking over other parts of the OpenNebula code, in particular the /usr/bin/one script, this is what I would really like:
- Have oned and mm_sched started from separate init scripts.
- Make PID file management part of the binary, rather than part of the shell script wrapper.
- Standardize command line options across the board, so that everything (a) auto-background by default and (b) accepts "-f" to run in the foreground and "-P <pidfile>" to record pid to a file.
Given sufficient free time I may try to make some progress towards this goal.