Allow users in groups to view hosts under Infrastructure
|Affected Versions:||OpenNebula 3.8|
We have a problem where by users in a group other then oneadmin can't view the hosts under Infrastructure.
The users would like to be able to only view the hosts so that they can see how many VMs are running on said hosts.
It would also be nice to be able to allow on a per user or group bases that the selected user/group be able to manage hosts and clusters without being in the oneadmin group.
#1 Updated by Ruben S. Montero almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Resolution set to worksforme
This is disabled by default. You can simply enable it by:
- Give access to regular users to host information. For example for every user in group user
- This is the default configuration (Hosts can only be used to deploy VMs)
> oneacl list ID USER RES_VHNIUTGDCO RID OPE_UMAC 0 @1 V-NI-T---- * ---c 1 @1 -H-------- * -m--
- Delete ACL 1 and re-create it with "list" permissions for group 1 (users)
>oneacl delete 1 >oneacl create "@1 HOST/* USE+MANAGE" >oneacl list ID USER RES_VHNIUTGDCO RID OPE_UMAC 0 @1 V-NI-T---- * ---c 2 @1 -H-------- * um--
- Now any user in group users (@1) can list every (*) host
- Enable the sunstone-tab for the group. Edit /etc/one/sunstone-plugins.yaml, look for the hosts tab and add the group, as in:
... - plugins/hosts-tab.js: :ALL: false :user: :group: oneadmin: true users: true ...