Installation Audit automation
|Category:||Core & System|
While reading the mailing list (everyday) and contributing to it (less often :) ), I realized that tons of problems where basic installation issues.
In this context, I think that a feature to check the installation of the infra could be interesting.
Could take in parameters :
- Name of sunstone host
- Names of cluster's machines etc...
This could test the following :
- Virtualization manager setting check (KVM, Xen etc...)
- Connectivity from admin machine
- Permission on remote datastores etc...
I would be more than happy to contribute to this, just tell me how.
#1 Updated by Ruben S. Montero over 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Resolution set to duplicate
This is an excellent idea indeed, and for sure in our roadmap. This is something that we won't be able to work on in the 4.0 time frame,though. There is a previous issue related to this one. I am closing this as duplicated.