Bug #2482

After 4.4 Upgrade, Sunstone not displaying information in various views

Added by Bill Campbell about 6 years ago. Updated almost 6 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:11/20/2013
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:Jaime Melis% Done:

0%

Category:Packaging
Target version:Release 4.6
Resolution: Pull request:
Affected Versions:OpenNebula 4.4

Description

After upgrade from 4.2 to 4.4, Sunstone is exhibiting strange behavior. Anytime I go to a particular view (doesn't matter which one, users etc.) there is no data in table. If I change the number of objects in view, then I'm able to see populated data. This happens independent of any browser that I am using (Chrome Firefox, etc.) Cache/History has been cleared, so not sure what the trouble is. No log entries as well.

Attached screen grabs in case it's something simple I've not completed.

In addition, set up a quick test VM to install 4.4 from scratch and do not see this behavior. May be inherent to upgrades.

SUNSTONE_-_Dashboard.zip (89.6 KB) Bill Campbell, 11/20/2013 09:05 PM


Related issues

Related to Bug #2538: table_order parameter must be defined in the sunstone-ser... Closed 12/04/2013

History

#1 Updated by Ruben S. Montero about 6 years ago

  • Category set to Sunstone
  • Status changed from Pending to New
  • Assignee set to Daniel Molina
  • Target version set to Release 4.4

Thanks for the feedback trying 4.4betas... We'll take care of this before final

#2 Updated by Bill Campbell about 6 years ago

As an aside, I was able to solve this problem by purging and reinstalling the 4.4 beta sunstone package. Maybe some residual left over from the previous version?

#3 Updated by Daniel Molina about 6 years ago

  • Category changed from Sunstone to Packaging
  • Assignee changed from Daniel Molina to Jaime Melis

#4 Updated by Pasquale De Michele almost 6 years ago

Hi all.
I have the same issue with the release version 4.4.

I also tried to uninstall the Sunstone v. 4.4. and reinstall it, but with no results.

#5 Updated by Pasquale De Michele almost 6 years ago

Solved.

There was an error in the file sunstone-server.conf.

#6 Updated by Daniel Molina almost 6 years ago

Hi Pasquale,

Could you tell us what was exactly the error in sunstone-server.conf?

#7 Updated by Jaime Melis almost 6 years ago

A user reports that:

I found the cause which was the following missing line in my sunstone-server.conf file:

:table_order: desc

The missing line was a mistake I made when I merged my existing sunstone-server.conf with the one provided by the package.

I agree with his recommendation that a check for the existence of the table_order option during the start of the sunstone server and a warning or error message in the log would help debugging.

#8 Updated by Ruben S. Montero almost 6 years ago

  • Target version changed from Release 4.4 to Release 4.6

#9 Updated by Jaime Melis almost 6 years ago

  • Related to Bug #2538: table_order parameter must be defined in the sunstone-server.conf added

#10 Updated by Jaime Melis almost 6 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed

Also available in: Atom PDF